Electric scooter performs a transport function: people take short and long trips on it. Subsequently, it will be able to create an alternative to personal cars and make transport accessible and safe.
Steps to create a safe transport system
Here are six basic steps to help create a safe transportation system.
- The latest technologies for traffic management on the roads. Within the ecosystem, AI can be used to analyze large amounts of data and build optimal routes, manage traffic and reduce the number of accidents and violations on the roads.
- Development of a high-speed transit network with maximum capacity.
- New mobility centers and transfers from one mode of transport to another to solve the problem of the last mile. It will be possible to plan a route, transfer to any type of transport at one point, as well as park a car, rent an electric scooter, in them.
- An integrated platform that will be the “brain of the entire transport system” and will help create a “mobility market”.
- Expansion of the mobile transport fleet, including electric scooters, as part of the transit system.
- Digital identification with face recognition.
All this will help to build a single transport ecosystem, where all transfers will be as convenient as possible and almost invisible to passengers.
Even now, we can expect the development of small means of mobility in the urban environment. Platform solutions based on integration in applications of both discrete operator proposals and multimodal packaging are of particular importance. Due to factors such as dynamic pricing, tariff optimization, improved technical reliability, improved autonomy of electrical equipment, integration, aggregation of user requests, neural networks, other Big Data technologies, electric scooter rental services can receive additional competitive advantages in the coming years.
Electric scooters overtook the rest
In 2017, the global market for electric scooters was estimated at $630 million — 8% of the total market for two-wheeled electric vehicles, not counting electric bicycles. By 2024, their share will grow to 14.5%. In 2018, about 80% of all purchases of electric vehicles accounted for electric scooters, and in 2019 their cost fell to $100-150 per piece. Sharing services are leading in terms of growth rate and attracting investment in the industry.
What will mobile transport be like tomorrow?
There are two main trends here.
- The first is the reduction of electric vehicles to single-seat capsules. The make Smart is following this path, for example: its Vision EQ concept car will also be unmanned.
- The second direction: compact transport will develop synchronizing with other devices. A striking example is scooters from iScooter.
Some models of modern electric scooters have a seat and a backlight on the body, a built-in tablet with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, cellular communication and GPS. Compact and lightweight, when folded, these scooters are convenient to carry.
Probably, at some point both trends will converge, and we will see something in between a supercompact electric car and a high-speed electric scooter- drone.
Image by https://www.iscooterglobal.co.uk